- 1 qty cable bundle of 1/8" diameter black oxide patina stainless steel cable
Blackened stainless steel cable bundles are made from grade 316 stainless steel and a 1x19 construction for low stretch and durability. 1/8" diameter cable is easy to bend, cut and looks the most transparent. Black cables can be used for indoor or outdoor applications. Shipped with a lubricating oil coating to prevent scratching during transit. Cleaning off the lubricating oil with a rag prior to installation is recommended. No swaged ends required.
Cable fitting installation is simple and does not require swaging tools.
Click Here for instructions on handling and care of "black oxide" cable and fittings.
- Item number: K-Cable-125-B
- Black oxide finish (black oxide patina)*
- Marine grade 316 stainless steel cable
- 1/8″ in diameter cable with a 1×19 wire rope construction
- Should be tightened to approximately 225 lbs of tension using a Keuka Studios level or stair fittings
* By nature, patinas may be mottled in appearance. This should not be considered a defect.
As I'm a contractor I do many different things in the remodeling industry.. I had not come across black cable before. This was requested by my client and Keuka was the company I found. Prices we're competitive. Supply/demand was good. Shipping was quick. I would say if there was any negative it would be that there were no instructions sent and the cable was messy to work with. Black oil or paint (probably oil) transferred onto many things. All in all would use again.
Helped me select all the right cable length s and coordinating hardware.
Everything is good but shortage of the product doesn’t help.
Tried other companies and won’t go back.
The black cables and hardware were really easy to install and I’m super excited with the way it looks.